It’s time to learn how to organize your closet in only three steps! I know it sounds simplistic, but it doesn’t have to be hard. I promise. Remember, in part 3 of the Sane Closet Taming series you learned how to systematically empty your “living” Closet Outbox.
You should have more space in your closet now, and a palpable sense of calm when you look at your clothes.
If you do not have either of these, go back to part 1 of the series before doing this. That is the beauty of having a system.
Today, we put what’s left into sweet, simple order.
How to Organize Your Closet
- Take everything that’s hanging and make sure it is first separated by type of item, so dresses, jackets, shirts, pants, etc.
- Then go through each “type” and re-order those by color, darkest to lightest.
- For your drawers, try the single-layer roll method:
- Fold in the sleeves or legs of your item in, then roll it up like you would if you were packing a suitcase.
- Place each rolled item next to the others in a single layer in your drawer, so you can see everything that’s in there at-a-glance. No piles.
Congratulations on taming your closet without losing your mind!
Here is the full “Sane Closet Cleanout” series:
Step 1: The 5 Minute Closet Cleanout
Want a PDF checklist of the 15 items I use to organize my closet into a temple of sweet, sweet, harmony? Click to get the Closet Makeover Pack delivered to your inbox!